In proud partnership with Escuela de Baile, the UK’s premier Flamenco School in the UK, get ready to party Seville-style with this passionate and provocative feria dance from Andalusia. On this electrifying and energising Sevillanas with Escuela de Baile course, you’ll master the four verses of Sevillanas, traditionally danced in partners at the Feria De Abril in Seville. This is an exciting, high-energy course is sure to spark fiery new ways to express yourself. As with all our online courses, you’ll be guided by a professional dancer in an inclusive virtual environment. It’s time to set the dance floor on fire!
If you’d prefer to enjoy the course in Escuela de Baile’s London studio, you can visit: Escuela de Baile to book online.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL:
- Begin with correct posture, weight transference and balance suitable for Sevillanas.
- Learn the structure and compás (timing) to master the four Letras of the dance.
- Strengthen posture, footwork and arm technique and apply to each verse.
- Enhance your performance technique and overall level of fitness.
YOU WILL NEED:
- A device with a camera and microphone.
- Comfortable clothes so you can move freely.
- Sturdy shoes with a small heel (no stilettos please!)
- a safe space to move freely – at least 2m squared.
A note on participation: Enhancing these skills requires practical and active participation. As this is an interactive, group flamenco class all students will be required to have their videos turned on.
City Academy’s Partnership with Escuela de Baile: As always, we are absolutely delighted to partner with the UK’s leading flamenco school. Founded in 1992 by Nuria García, Escuela de Baile has been uniquely successful in popularising the art of flamenco in London. Its work has been widely acknowledged in the Media for its unique achievements, inclusive feel and community spirit. We have been working with Escuela de Baile for a few years and we always love collaborating with Nuria and her team.